1934 Dodge Coupe
Horace and John Dodge founded the Dodge Brothers Company in 1900 as a supplier of car parts to Ford, Oldsmobile and other Detroit based car manufacturers. They were very successful in their business and by 1914, had introduced their first car, a Dodge Model 30. It was marketed as an upscale competitor to the Ford Model T and offered standard features such as all steel body construction (most cars of the time were wood framing under steel panels), 12 volt electrical (6 volt was the norm until the 1950ʼs), 35 horsepower and a more modern manual transmission. By 1916, Dodge was second in US sales to Ford. Horace and John both died in 1920 from unrelated health issues. Their widows sold the company a short time later.
One question that comes up often is the meaning behind the Dodge brothers symbol. The brothers died before they were able to tell anyone the meaning behind the symbol but it may be as simple as suiting their fancy at the time they selected it (as an example, the Chevrolet “bowtie” was copied from the wallpaper in a hotel room). The brothers were not Jewish nor did they choose the logo to appease Jewish bankers, as the Dodge brothers were self financed.
Dodge was purchased by Chrysler in 1928 and continues to be a strong brand manufacturing practical vehicles such as the Dodge Dart and Dodge minivan as well as performance cars such as the Charger, Challenger and Viper.
This car is an original mileage example (less than 40,000) that has undergone a restoration somewhere along the way. It is powered by a straight 6 engine and is a pristine example of a 1930ʼs era coupe.
Offered for sale at $45,000 obo. Please call the museum's director at (805) 895-4005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serial No: N/A
Engine Cyl: N/A
Engine Size: straight 6
Engine HP: N/A