1960 Imperial Le Baron
The Chrysler Imperial was first introduced in 1926 and was the top of the line luxury for the Chrysler Corporation. From 1955 to 1983, Chrysler formed a separate division for Imperial and was no longer called the Chrysler Imperial, simply “Imperial.” Mopar shoppers could now shop for a Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler or Imperial, depending upon their pay scale, all within the Chrysler Corporation. Imperial buyers were doing so because of engine power, luxury and prestige.
For 1960, Imperial received a new body style and new interior. The design was conceived by longtime industrial designer Virgil Exner and featured a space age interior and wildly exaggerated exterior styling such as a large swooping bumper, massive grill and tail fins with gunsight style turn indicators. Imperials were offered in three levels of trim: Imperial Custom, Imperial Crown and Imperial Le Baron. Gas mileage was not a concern for car shoppers during that time but it took a lot of fuel to get a 5,500 pound car like this up and going. The task was made easier by its big block V8.
Model: Le Baron
Serial No: 9304112468
Engine Cyl: 413 cubic inch
Engine Size: 8
Engine HP: 350
Trans: Push Button transmission